Communicating, listening, understanding and empathizing with our senior aged clients is part of the DNA of our culture.
Senior clients have different needs, sometimes have limitations, and are comfortable communicating in different manners.
Our company has built its protocols and communications systems to build long term relationships whenever possible.
Here is a small glimpse into the size, habits, and trends of today’s baby boomers and beyond.
Current US Senior Population
According to the AARP, 10,000 baby boomers are turning 65 every single day, and this is expected to continue into the 2030s.
Social Media Activity & Usage
At Health Angel, we are always working to keep a pulse on our seniors clients habits, wants and needs. Here is a partial snapshot of a recent survey we executed in house.
Of those 85%, only 3% are seeking employment
- 60% stopped working around the age of 60-65
- 73% DO NOT have a resume.
- Majority of people worked in Healthcare (29%) and Food/Beverage (27%)
- 84% are physically mobile
- Essentially all people had access to transportation.
AVERAGE NUMBER OF PROVIDED ASSISTANCE: 3/10
- Over 80% of people had auto-insurance, 44% had prescriptions, sub 30% in all other categories.
- 67% did not have a home security or identity theft protection
- 70% did not have medical alert device
- 82% meal delivery service
- 21% interested in dating
- 63% dine out 1-2 times a week
- 63% do not go out to movies or entertainment